Do I need a Permit for Renovations/Alterations to my Property/House?

Residential renovations or alterations require a building permit. A residential renovation or alteration to your home can include enlarging a window or door opening, adding or removing a wall.

If the renovations / alterations include a washroom or alterations to existing plumbing fixtures, a plumbing permit is required. Also, if your home is serviced by an on-site private sewage disposal system, a septic permit may be required.